Pre-Employment Background Checks for Education and Child Care
When it comes to hiring teachers, child care providers and other school employees, there are many good reasons to conduct pre-employment background checks.
Student safety – Schools frequently opt to screen all people who come into contact with students, including teachers, teachers’ aides, sports coaches and volunteers.
Quality of Education – Screen staff to ensure that their teaching credentials are legitimate and their training and experience can be verified.
School Reputation – Properly screening school employees can help protect the reputation of any school or university, and guard against negligent hiring lawsuits.
Common Background Checks Requested:
Sex Offender Search
– Identify convicted sex offenders applying for employment in your school or childcare facility.
Criminal Background Check
– Verify that no school-authorized personnel have been convicted of crimes of a serious nature. Find any evidence of theft, fraud, violent crime, etc.
– Ensure that suspected terrorists do not have authorized access to school grounds or children.
Education & Employment History
– Confirm the education and employment history of potential employees such as teachers, school nurses, speech therapists, guidance counselors and school psychologists.
Social Security Trace Search
– Verify social security numbers of potential employees, while also obtaining any additional addresses or aliases that the applicant may have failed to disclose on the job application.